How to sew a Face Mask Video
We found this pattern and instruction on the "Turban Project" Website.
How to make a Face Mask You will need a cotton fabric, any print for all men, women and children Cotton flannel for the backing 1/8” flat braided elastic. I've also used Ponytail holders for thick hair. Once you cut the pony in half it will be approximately 7" in length. Be sure to tie a knot in each end so that it won't put out of the seam.
Be sure to watch the UTube Video link above.
Cut the elastic 7” long for adult or children
2 sizes: Adult (9”x6”) or Child (7.5”x5”)
1. Put right sides of cotton and flannel fabric together.
2. Starting at the center of bottom edge sew to the first corner, stop. Sew end of elastic to corner. A few stitches forward and back will hold this.
3. Sew to the next corner, stop, and bring the other end of that same elastic to the corner and sew a few stitches forward and back.
4. Now sew across that top of the mask to the next corner. And repeat #2 to the corner.
5. Sew to next corner and sew in the other end of the same elastic.
6. Sew across the bottom leaving about 1.5” to 2” open. Stop, cut the thread. Turn inside out.
7. Pin 3 tucks on each side of the mask. Make sure the tucks are the same direction.
8. Sew around the edge of the mask twice. It is so easy to make this. Be sure any fabric design is placed horizontally
Wishing you Health and Safety